New Section

Yeah I agree mackenzie, it would generate more work for the moderators because newbies (and many even some regulars) would come and post in the wrong forum sometimes, and then the moderators would have to move that thread and this thread and that thread over there and so on. :(

Brookfield said:
Hey guys, we have an interloper, 07mackenzie, a member. :confused:

umm, what is the problem with mackenzie? hes posting in the comments and suggestions forum, like all other members can do... whats wrong with him posting here?

mark thorpe said:
umm, what is the problem with mackenzie? hes posting in the comments and suggestions forum, like all other members can do... whats wrong with him posting here?
That's the bit I cannot understand, I know I'm old, but I hope, not senile, I have to say that I have never noticed members posting here, I truly thought that it was for admin, mods & gurus only, if you remember, there was a lot of hoohah when Webmonkey was demoted but still retaned his guru status, & could still access CF Suggestions, after that he was PB'd of course.

If I'm wrong, I've made a fool of myself, 'cos I've drawn David's attention to it, ooer!
swoon1.gif

nope your mistaken, gurus are nothing special (no offense to guru's ;) ), they are just normal members with alot of posts. the only 'special' members are moderators and admins, not gurus. members have always been allowed to post here, thats the whole idea of this section, for members to give their suggestions and feedback.

mark thorpe said:
nope your mistaken, gurus are nothing special (no offense to guru's ;) ), they are just normal members with alot of posts. the only 'special' members are moderators and admins, not gurus. members have always been allowed to post here, thats the whole idea of this section, for members to give their suggestions and feedback.
I suppose I was thinking of damn Webmonkey, [Steven] when he was reduced to guru, he still acted as if he still had mod powers, & because of this, he was PB'd, & yes, of course I've always known that guru's had no powers, I was just totally unaware that members could access CF Suggestions, I guess I just assumed they couldn't, therefore didn't look for them, well, :( you learn something new every day.

Ahh, they're all just names, don't mean anything.

I wonder why David hasn't posted here yet, we could really do with his verdict.

I would PM him, but in the past, he has not responded to mine, maybe a mod should just point him in the right direction.

Brookfield said:
I suppose I was thinking of damn Webmonkey, [Steven] when he was reduced to guru, he still acted as if he still had mod powers, & because of this, he was PB'd, & yes, of course I've always known that guru's had no powers, I was just totally unaware that members could access CF Suggestions, I guess I just assumed they couldn't, therefore didn't look for them, well, :( you learn something new every day.

http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=38860

if you have a look at that one, it was started by a member.. this thread is on the front page, about 7/8 down.....

the whole point of CF suggestions is for members to give their feedback and comments...

Back
Top Bottom