Video Stress Test?

Liminator

In Runtime
Well I recently overclocked my computer and noticed huge boosts in performance. Only problem I've noticed so far is when I play Battlefield 2. Sometimes during the game the screen turns black then goes back to the game. So I go "OK its probably just a glitch or they'll fix it in the next patch." But when I play for extended periods of time like an hour it will just completely exit.

Sometimes when I load a new map the screen will just turn black and the monitor will shut down like it does when it enters Stand By. But I can still hear the game. Probably a video card overheating problem but when I most recently check the temp it was only 64 Celsius.

So does anyone have any programs that test the video card GPU like Prime95 does for the CPU?

since thats obviously a videocard issue, id just try downclocking a bit since you said you overclocked your v-card
hopfully thats what you said :|? lol

Yeah but I only recently overclocked my CPU. I overclocked my GPU a while ago. Could the two be somehow interconnected?

3DMark05

If you have an nVidia card, use nTune. When I use nTune to adjust the clock speeds, there's a test button

Yeah I used CoolBits but the results change constantly.

Is a 3MHz difference in core and clock speed really a big deal?

i hope u stress tested it after u overclocked to see that its stable, it could be your graphics card overheating which they can do sometimes whether u overclock or not, u say u checked it already was that during a game, say after an hour of play? that will get u up to ur max temp if u check it right after alt tabbing out of the game

well as u said it could be just a glich in the game, since bf2 is full of them and everytime a new patch comes out 20% of the players can't get the game working. :D

But try running the vid card with the default clock speeds and see if the problem is still there.

About the question up there, overclocking the CPU could cause instabilites with the video card for example if you up the AGP/PCI-E voltages also.

Since you then overclocked the GPU, you'd need to rework it, since the voltages are different and so would behave differently with temperatures etc probably getting a little bit higher.

Back
Top Bottom