Lint-free

Nik00117

Fully Optimized
Ok um I was looking at a guide on how to remove thermal paste from heatskins and CPUs. It said its reqs

Rubbing Alchol 70% or great (Have that)
Q-tips (have that)
Razor (Have that)
Lint-free wipe

THis is where the problem comes in, my mom said any cotton 100% t-shirt would do. Does anyone have any experience with this? If its 100% cotton t-shirt then thats great.

Umm I have a noob question... Anti-Static Wrist Band? Where do I get it?

Sorry for posting this on your post Nik, but I thought I was kinda the same type of thing.:p

A lint free wipe, do you have any Swiffer Sheets. Not sure about the T-Shirt but as long as it's clean i don't think it would hurt.

Do I really need to buy that Anti Static wristband? And is there anywhere else you can buy them?

EDIT: And how do you use them?

Its not requried.... I don't use them... Wrist bands are kinda pointless to have unless your working on carpet or somthing. I don't have one as of this moment and I've built PCs without them and they run fine...

So just buy the swiffer sheets and they will work? I'll have to call my mom and tell her thats what I need.

I dont see why you really need all that stuff. I take a credit card to scrape it off. Then I put some rubbing alcohol on a q-tip to clean any that is left off.

Also do you leave the CPU in socket right? It'd make sense that you would to protect the pins.

go to a place like specsavers and ask if they have any lint free clothe you can use

My mom is a clean freak, and wears glasses and stuff so i'll talk to her about it. Once I mention the stuff i've heard here she'll know what i'm talking about.

I'm worried about it and all like if I screw up, so yea but once i've done it this time next time it'll be a breeze.

So swiffer wipes work good for this type of deal then right? Or any wipe meant to clean glass with?

Back
Top Bottom