World Cup!!

Yeah Donovan is easily a great player, but beasley is the one they needed to be really aggressive, and he wasn't so why not try something new. Beasely would also do very good as fresh legs in the 2nd half.

Yeyy! England won! Im glad Rooney played. Tell you what, if that goal they scored wasnt offside, it would of been bloody nice.

Do you know that is the first time England have scored in the second half since 1998?!

Kicked off nicely in the 2nd half though.

Yeah I like England. Very talented from Rooney, obviously Beckham, Krouch or something is his name, Gerrard, Lampard, Joe and Ashley Cole, so on. I don't know how to spell all their names :p But I like them overall as a team.

England are over rated, I swear having to hear about 1966 once more is going to drive me nuts, T&T held them well, they just broke under the constant pressure, personally I think that T&T will be able to beat paraguay, england vs sweden is going to be very close and they have a poor record against sweden.

The scoreline 2-0 does not reflect the quality of the match, personally I believe that England are full of holes and when they play some top teams, they will be exposed, maybe we will get Ecudor in the second round as I am not sure that we will beat Sweden, and then it should be interesting to watch

Just because they scored late doesn't mean anything. Germany scored late against Poland to win 1-0. I believe the Germany goal was in the 91' or something? I think England is just as good as they are deserving. People may put them up on a pedestal or something, but they are one of the top 10 or top 8 teams easily. Brazil, the obvious choice, didn't even play that great. USA obviously didn't. I think if Brazil doesn't win it all, it will have to be either Italy, France, England, or Germany. I know that is a lot of teams, but I believe if Italy gets out of Group E and then plays Brazil, Italy could upset them, Totti is a great player after all, so don't just say they can't, and same for CR, they looked good against USA, and could possibly get out of the group and play Brazil and beat them with their good players.

Brazil, Germany, France (even though they didn't look great, they are still top contender), England, and Italy are still my favorite picks easy. I would like to throw Ivory Coast in there cause, Drogba is good.

I just don't think you can find a better compilation of teams than Brazil, Germany, and England. All around great teams.

BamaFan2989 said:
Just because they scored late doesn't mean anything. Germany scored late against Poland to win 1-0. I believe the Germany goal was in the 91' or something? I think England is just as good as they are deserving. People may put them up on a pedestal or something, but they are one of the top 10 or top 8 teams easily. Brazil, the obvious choice, didn't even play that great. USA obviously didn't. I think if Brazil doesn't win it all, it will have to be either Italy, France, England, or Germany. I know that is a lot of teams, but I believe if Italy gets out of Group E and then plays Brazil, Italy could upset them, Totti is a great player after all, so don't just say they can't, and same for CR, they looked good against USA, and could possibly get out of the group and play Brazil and beat them with their good players.

Brazil, Germany, France (even though they didn't look great, they are still top contender), England, and Italy are still my favorite picks easy. I would like to throw Ivory Coast in there cause, Drogba is good.

I just don't think you can find a better compilation of teams than Brazil, Germany, and England. All around great teams.

Ya! Duchland ist wunderbar! Germany is still my team. I hope they win the cup. Brilliant country.

GlasseyeUK said:
England are over rated, I swear having to hear about 1966 once more is going to drive me nuts, T&T held them well, they just broke under the constant pressure, personally I think that T&T will be able to beat paraguay, england vs sweden is going to be very close and they have a poor record against sweden.

The scoreline 2-0 does not reflect the quality of the match, personally I believe that England are full of holes and when they play some top teams, they will be exposed, maybe we will get Ecudor in the second round as I am not sure that we will beat Sweden, and then it should be interesting to watch

Snap, Switzerland hasn't lost a major game in the last 90 odd matches. Sure they don't win much, but they have a great defence! And if England found it that dificult against T&T then Switzerland might walk all over them. Rooney shouldn't be on so early, it was more a plubicilty/patriotic stunt. He should spend a bit more time in training to be fully usefull.

The thing with England is that the media gets the whole country in a huge frenzy about it, and about 1966. I'll feel sorry for Germany when England loose a game - oh the riots to be expected. Best of luck guys, but theres are very hard hill yet to climb.

[EDIT]

Wopps, just relised GlasseyeUK was talking about Sweden, not Switzerland. Well, I canny be bothered to change my post, so, lets just say if the eventually go against Switzerland, take it as talking about that.

Late goals don't really mean anything! I think the fact is that England won because they are the better team, Trinidad and tobago kept the preassure on, but england didn't really crack, the fact that they did crack, not only one, but twice shows that they wern't really the stronger team.

As I said, I'd really like T&T to progress, but it's going to them beating paraguay and england beating sweeden. However, I really don't see why england won't beat sweeden, they have thus far in other world cups. and england seem to be playing reasonably well at the moment,
I agree that they perhaps didn't deserve to win as they arn't playing on top form, but they are playing in the middle of a heat wave and are playing as best anyone can to the conditions of the surroundings.

As for france being a favorite, I wonder who put them there, aside from the fact that the french side hasn't got past the qualifying groups since they last won the world cup (98), they are playing with a team fiull of older players who are tiring easily, their defence is not pushing forward, their midfiled isn't pushing forward and their strikers are not getting through the defence to have goal oppertunities. their star striker (zinidane) has come out of retierment twice now to play international matches (euro 2004 and now).

if france win, it'll be a miracle!

Wow, Argentina just beat Serbia & Montenegro, 6 - 0, last goal of Messi. Damn those argentinians come strong.

Back
Top Bottom