Stupid Printer

Rosti

Solid State Member
Hi, Guys!
I just got a HP Deks JEt 843C from a freind of mine. The probem is, that I can't get this thing started! It's switched on in the electrical network, it has enoigh ink, and when I hold one of the buttons for a couple of seconds, it prints me a test-page!
BUT, when I try to print something else from my PC it just wouldn't work! :confused:
I've checked the printer-ports,I have those COM1 and LPT3, thpugh the LPT3 is not fully installed, I guess, because there is a yellow sign beside it, when I check it in the HArdware-MAnager!
Does anyone hav an idea what the hack should I do???
Thank you very much in advance!

Do you have the correct drivers? You can get them on the HP website. I used to do technical support for those blasted printers.

Give me some time to remember what some of the tips are. I'll get back to you soon.

I think it just needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled, those older deskjet's were a pain in the ass.

here is Picture of how to enable your printer service!, sometimes it dont work without it

Something else may to be to try printing directly to printer. go to properties and click the advanced tab, and click the circle next to print directly to printer.

2222.jpg

It doesn't work this way, unfortunately!
Do you have any other ideas? I guess the problem comes from those bloody LTP/COM1 ports!!!
I just can`t believe it! :-(

So you plugged it into the LTP/COM1 Port... Have you installed the most recent drivers??

I tried to, but I can't find any appropriate drivers! Do you know any usefull sites, where I can get any, especially for this COM1 port. And I just noticed, that my hardware manager doesn't show any printer devices!
God damn it!

Back
Top Bottom