USB Not Working

AOD

In Runtime
My USB for some reason gives me an error when I try to change anything like delete/add files the error is:
blah blah possible I/O Error.
Or something like that, I have tried it on two computers so I know it isn't that anyone got ne ideas?

Is it a memory stick?? If it's a memory stick and it's giving you that error you may have a virus or something.

i had a problem last night with mine, my mouse worked ok, but wen i put my pen drive into the usb ports nothin happend, i tryed about 4 other usb devices and they didnt work, and i tryed all the ports, its all workin now tho, dont no y it wasnt workin last night

I had the same problem as your but with my floppy disk drive so i fitted a new IDE Cable and that did'nt work so i bought a New drive and the error was within the drive.

Have you looked in Device Manager in my computer to see if all the USB Ports and drivers are still installed on your computer.

did you restart your computer. sometimes when you restart your computer will automatticly detect any usb ports. There's wasn't a power outage lately was there?

In the device manager it says it's all working properly, I can still access files from the usb but I can't move or change them and unless both the computers have a virus then I doubt it's that. I'll try restarting comp with it in, btw it's a SanDisk Cruzer Micro.
This is the full error when I try to copy a file onto it:
Cannot Copy "file name": The request could not be performed because of an I/O Device Error.
OKay, I tried restarting with it in, then windows tried to do a check disk on it but that crashed. :\ But while I was doing something else it said the drive was read-only. But it doesn't say nething about that in properties or anything. :\

Back
Top Bottom