Sudden FPS Drop

Raymuindo

Baseband Member
I recently underclocked my video card by closing a couple of pixel pipelines, but then set it back to the original. Now, whenever i play games (CoD2 and WoW), EVERY minute at some point, the fps suddently drops to 1 and goes back up after a few seconds, even when im facing a blank wall!! It's costing me my life in shooter games! This has never happened before, and is NOT a big-cluster-of-people type of lag.

I used the Riva Tuner overclocking program to do this. Please help me resolve this!

Are you sure the program re-successfully put all the pipes, etc back?

What are your temps like?

This is a strange problem, as I have used Rivatuner many times to unlock pipelines on my 6800GS

WTF are you doing underclocking that thing. its 4 pixel piplines. Don't underclock its a lower end vid card thats why your FPS are erratic on higher end games.

Try updating video drivers. I forgot to mention that. They may need resetting after the change, so simply re-install over the ones now with a newer set from Geforce that support the 6200 range.

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/page/drivers.html

Graphics driver -> Geforce and TNT2 -> Select Windows

Nik00117 said:
WTF are you doing underclocking that thing. its 4 pixel piplines. Don't underclock its a lower end vid card thats why your FPS are erratic on higher end games.

LOL i know, i read this guide on overclocking a different version of the 6200 and for some reason, it actually underclocks my version of the 6200 :confused:

Well the drivers didn't work, so I might have to RMA this card to newegg if I can't find a solution, the sudden drops is making me P'Oed.

Well it turns out my video card isn't the problem, i reverted to my old video card and the same thing is happening. I'm going to try reformatting

Back
Top Bottom