Cannot Renew IP Address??....

karling07

Daemon Poster
Hi

I have a netgear router and two MA111 Wireless USB Adapters. The computer directly connected to the router works fine, and one of the computers wirelessly connected also works.

But when I woke up today, I noticed all of my torrents in bitcomet had stopped and that I couldn't open the internet. My wireless thing said "Excellent Connectivity", so I tried pressing the repair button. It went through most of the way until it said "Cannot Renew IP Address" and left a little caution icon that said "Limited or No Connectivity"

And like i said, the other two connections work fine! I didn't do anything to the computer overnight between the time it did work and it didn't work. I had just gone to sleep with 2 torrents downloading and woken up and they, and the internet, did not work.

Thanks

Hmmm, ok the restart did fix it, but only temporarily...

It happened again a couple of hours later! Any ideas on why it might be doing this?? (The restart fixed it again, but it's becoming kind of a pain!)

The only possible change I can think of is that the other day I unplugged the USB adapter and plugged it back in through a USB extension cord so that I could have it be closer to the downstairs router.

I can't imagine why this would prevent the computer from occasionally not being able to renew the IP address though...

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom