NEW Comp!!

@Neenjaoflove

Higher end cards usually have 16 Pixel Pipelines and this one only has 4. It has 256 On-Board which is nice, and supports 512 (if you have 1GB of system memory). I am pretty sure that most here think that PCI x 16 is better than AGP 4x/8x or any other. I don't know if the Core Clock speed is ok though, I am not sure at all about that.

Can anyone correct me or back me up here, cause I am wondering too. Thanks :)

And FYI, just in case, it's the part that transfers pixel information. Some are up to like 24 and I have seen one with 32.

I Highly suggest a SATA drive. They are great, there is no master, slave or anything just plug it in and go. I suggest AMD CPU and MOBO as well. They seem to be better for gaming.

This isn't for gaming- its for day-to day work, probably a little multi-tasking, so maybe a pentioum dc would be the way to go... I'll post a new one in a week or so.

I realize it's not meant to be some dream PC, but just get nice parts now so you don't end up wasting money later. My main suggestions:

Hard drive: just go with SATA and 160GB+ (200GB is best)
Monitor: Definitely get 19", not a lot more expensive and SO much more room!
Processor: Celerons... eugh. I don't want to start a AMD vs. Intel war, but look at AMD/AMD mobo...

My main thought with this computer is that you could buy a cheap dell with as many features, if not more, for the same or lesser price.

Check this thing out:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16883103003

It costs $300 less and has XP already installed. The only thing you would need is a monitor...

I realize it's great to build computers and to have the full control, but Dell can be really nice and reliable if you're just looking for some multitasking.
Otherwise looks perfect for what you're looking for

Back
Top Bottom