Single-Core 65nm

r_moore04

Daemon Poster
right they have now put on the spec thing for the motherboard i have: "This motherboard supports Intel® single-core 65nm intel® Pentium® 4/ Celeron® processors. ASUS motherboard is the ideal solution to enhance the performance of new generation processors."

but is there any intel cpus that are single-core 65nm, coz the only ones so fare are the dual core ones, there the ones that dont work with this motherboard, thats only the 800s that will work not the 900s.

http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=227&model=485&modelmenu=1

what i got from that site is that it supports intels 65 nm processors. i didnt see anything about single core or double core, but then again i got school in like 2 minutes so i couldnt read through it thoroughly. Im guessing its referring to the dual core processors if u cant find any intels with 65 nm single core.

on the cpu support it says u can install these cpus that r 65nm:

P4-631 (65nm,3.0GHz, 800 FSB, L2:2MB, revB1)
P4-641 (65nm,3.2GHz, 800 FSB, L2:2MB, revB1)
P4-651 (65nm,3.4GHz, 800 FSB, L2:2MB, revB1)
P4-661 (65nm,3.6GHz, 800 FSB, L2:2MB, revB1)

now they r all single core but where can u buy them from coz iv never seen them b4, and if its single core would it be better 2 have a 90nm or a 65nm?

this is wot it says:
scdc.jpg

yeh im lookin 4 one in the UK, overclockers/scan and ebuyer dont have them, and wots the difference with the 90nm and the 65nm in single core?

r_moore04 said:
yeh im lookin 4 one in the UK, overclockers/scan and ebuyer dont have them, and wots the difference with the 90nm and the 65nm in single core?

To quote wikipedia, 65 nm technology is...

Wikipedia.org said:
The 65 nanometer (65 nm) process is (as of 2006) the most advanced lithographic node for volume semiconductor manufacturing.

Basically 65 nm refers to the width of transistors on the chip. The more transistors you have on a chip, the faster it can process algorithims. Which in lamence terms means smaller width of transitors = more transitors on the processor = faster speeds. My CPU info. is a lil rusty, but im also pretty sure that smaller transistors means less generated heat. If you'd like a comparison for how big 65 nm is, (a nm is a nanometer which is one billionth of a meter, pretty small), a red blood cell is about 6000-8000 nm in diameter, and a single human hair is typically 80000 nm

So a processor utilizing 90nm technology has wider transistors then one using 65nm technology.

so over all it would be better 2 have a 65nm coz there is more space/more transitors, i dont no y they dont sell them in the uk then coz i cant find any anywhere :s

Back
Top Bottom