New monitor.

Are you looking for a CRT (Cathode Ray Tube) or LCD (Liquid Crystal Display)?

What video card you have? VGA compatable, or DVI also?

Here is a good list from newegg for good monitors in your price range. HERE However, my personal favorite is the Hyundai L90D+ . I personally own this monitor and I dont have a single complaint about it. Tilt/rotate/raise-lower features are great, dvi and vga inputs, built in speakers(I would recommend getting another set of speakers though if you dont already have some). It works perfectly for all of my high-end gaming needs, no lag at all. However it doesn't look like you do much gaming with your graphics card. Viewing angles are very good also, so watching movies on it is very good. If you are looking into using it mainly for movie watching I might recommend getting a wide screen monitor. However that could cause the price to jump some but probably not overly that much. The hyundai though is a great monitor! Hope that helps!

Okay thanks guys! I'm having trouble choosing between those two lol. I know my Graphics card sucks, but I am a gamer, I just can't afford a new PC. So I have to stick with games that don't require much : /

Don't worry about your graphics card, it's fine. The Hyundai monitor is really nice but I think what this mostly comes down to is your preference between Widescreen and Fullscreen. Because their features are nearly identical.

AG:
500:1 Contrast Ratio
4ms Response Time
Widescreen

Hyundai
700:1 Contrast Ratio
8ms Response Time
Fullscreen

I will speak from personal experience, that once you go Widescreen there is no turning back. Widescreen is absolutely wonderful to have for watching movies and the feel of a much bigger screen area. You might ask why widescreen... Just consider where your eyes are on your head ;) It makes sense

07mackenzie said:
Don't worry about your graphics card, it's fine. The Hyundai monitor is really nice but I think what this mostly comes down to is your preference between Widescreen and Fullscreen. Because their features are nearly identical.

AG:
500:1 Contrast Ratio
4ms Response Time
Widescreen

Hyundai
700:1 Contrast Ratio
8ms Response Time
Fullscreen

I will speak from personal experience, that once you go Widescreen there is no turning back. Widescreen is absolutely wonderful to have for watching movies and the feel of a much bigger screen area. You might ask why widescreen... Just consider where your eyes are on your head ;) It makes sense

lol. Thanks man, I think i'm gonna go with the widescreen.

Yeah that does look like a really good monitor. You will be extremely happy with either monitor!! I probably would of gotten a widescreen whenever I built my computer last summer but prices for widescreens were still too high.

Back
Top Bottom