Perhaps someone has an idea

David Lindon

Golden Master
I'm really stuck on this and perhaps someone can shed some light on it. Here goes:

I've had my SB audigy 1 and never had any problems untill now, I went to play a game today and got an error saying coulnd't initialize audio device. I checked device manager and the sb is not even listed. I unistalled all creative software and drives and rebooted hoping it would detect new hardware and I could start fresh but nothing. Doesn't even detect I tried to installed the cd that came with it but errors saying could not find create product installed. So I tried another PCI slot and booted up. After 5 minutes in windows, windows detects 'creative audio process' and I installed the drives from the cd. I tried the cd again and it still won't go.

Anyone have any idea how to get this card going again?

THat happened to me as well. I found out my card pooped out on me. Maybe your card broke down have you tried switching it into different PCI slots? A different comptuer a different soudn card? Sounds like it pooped out.

David Lindon said:
I'm really stuck on this and perhaps someone can shed some light on it. Here goes:

I've had my SB audigy 1 and never had any problems untill now, I went to play a game today and got an error saying coulnd't initialize audio device. I checked device manager and the sb is not even listed. I unistalled all creative software and drives and rebooted hoping it would detect new hardware and I could start fresh but nothing. Doesn't even detect I tried to installed the cd that came with it but errors saying could not find create product installed. So I tried another PCI slot and booted up. After 5 minutes in windows, windows detects 'creative audio process' and I installed the drives from the cd. I tried the cd again and it still won't go.

Anyone have any idea how to get this card going again?

I really dont know what the problem could be.

joxley1990 said:
Not aimed at you Amish Kid, but I do hate it when people do that..
Well sorry but I was just pointing that out. Im not trying to criticize(sp?) you or anything I just thought I should point it out.

Nik00117 said:
THat happened to me as well. I found out my card pooped out on me. Maybe your card broke down have you tried switching it into different PCI slots? A different comptuer a different soudn card? Sounds like it pooped out.
Tried it in another slot and its the same deal. 'Creative audio processor' appears in device manager when it should read SBAudigy

Back
Top Bottom