Dell to use AMD in Desktop PCs, not just servers

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Haha, will Dell finally use Desktop PCs with AMD CPUs in them? I know they're using Opterons in their servers, but this will be in the mainstream Desktop PC owners. Come on Michael Dell. Think outside the box. The news is drawn from this reliable website:

http://today.reuters.com/stocks/Quo...umber=0&WTModLoc=InvArt-C1-ArticlePage2&sz=13

Very interesting to note though. Citigroup analysts say that Dell will intrduce AMD desktops by September 2006. According to them, talks with component manufacturers have revealed that Dell had been seen using AMD processors in desktop configurations as a prototype at manufacturing facilities in Taiwan and China. Dell may start with AMD by incoporating them in entry level systems if everything goes well. The big problem right now is the slashing of CPU prices. They have to take that into consideration when Intel cuts their prices, leaving AMD in the dust. However, AMD also plan on slashing prices themselves, so woohooo. Bring on the price cuts. We will benefit either way.

yeh, cuttin the prices of the CPUs that we no now, wen new ones come out they will be sky high again, and it doesnt matter if dell use amd, like i have always said dell computers are workstations thats y no one likes them, thats y they have crap gaming performance, unless u get the dell gamin pcs, but still they are all locked down and u cant overclock them or do anythin with it.

r_moore04 said:
yeh, cuttin the prices of the CPUs that we no now, wen new ones come out they will be sky high again, and it doesnt matter if dell use amd, like i have always said dell computers are workstations thats y no one likes them, thats y they have crap gaming performance, unless u get the dell gamin pcs, but still they are all locked down and u cant overclock them or do anythin with it.

considering their complete domination of the pc market i woudlnt say no one likes them. a more correct statement would be that people who are computer literate tend to steer away from dell, despite the fact that they are decent computers in terms of the pre-built market, even if you can build your own cheaper and better.

considering their complete domination of the pc market i woudlnt say no one likes them. a more correct statement would be that people who are computer literate tend to steer away from dell, despite the fact that they are decent computers in terms of the pre-built market, even if you can build your own cheaper and better.

Dell is not decent by any means. Their workman ship is poor, and they use in house parts. IF YOU WANT A GOOD PREBUILT SYSTEM provider go to ibuypower.com they offer great PCs at great prices with you not having to stick your hand inside of teh case. Dell is so popular because of their marketing stragety. Dell was able to convice the computer illiterature poeple hey want a PC go to dell! they the best. They said a PC is only 399... Its crap but its a PC :)

In fact i've priced dell vs Ibuypower.com ibuypower.com beat them.

Back
Top Bottom