Video files cause comp to reset

Tempestormer

Beta member
Im not sure at what point my computer started to do this, but recently if I try to open any video files at all (ogm, avi, mkv, etc.) my computer resets immediatly without the Blue screen of death. I uninstalled all of my video codecs and reinstalled different ones, but the result is the same. This also includes any video streaming from a website. At this point I am ready to reinstall windows, but Im hoping someone knows about this issue so I can avoid having to format.

I set my computer up to write a log of the error message, but will have to try getting it to work (wasnt working earlier).

well this is a tough one..
I'd try reinstalling the vid card drivers. And remember to delete the old ones before installing the new ones.

yea id reinstall drivers... find the most updated ones. this sounds like a driver issue or your graphics card is buggered

Thanks guys, it worked. It seems that the drivers I was using for my x850 became corrupt, as I ran some tests before I uninstalled them. Apparently a recent game I installed must have screwed with my anti-aliasing.

i had a similar problem
whenever i would plug in my digital camera to upload some pics
i always had to make sure to turn the cam ON when its already plugged in
if not and i plug it in OFF and switch it on my comp would reset in a flash of an eye
so i just formatted and it works fine lol :D

Back
Top Bottom