alaskan weather

badninja3

Daemon Poster
im going to alaska in 8 days. (i have a counter in my myspace :D)

anyway, i was wondering if anybody knows how the weather is up there. like, should i expect snow everywhere? and will it be snowing? or will it be sunny and green with trees growing?

alaska has snow all year long. nights (or night) lasts 6 months, and day lasts the other 6 months. its incredibly cold, and very... arctic

okay. thanks. i hear its gonna be like 23 hrs of daylight. lol. PARTY ALL NIGHT LONG!!! lol, im actually going with family. so theres kinda gonna be partying. lol. and thats soo cool, its still gonna be snowy!! yay. (i live in the central valley of california, where theres never snow. but snow's only like a few hrs away.)

btw, have u been there?

I know alot of people that have. But I would recomment taking alot of warm clothing haha, I think it's like below zero all year

omg below zero all year? seriously? the news says that its gonna be around 50^F where i'll be at. so thats not too-too bad. but its gonna be a big change from the 90+ degree weather around here. actually, this summer hasnt been too hot where im at yet.

The Military pays you extra when your stationed i Alasaka. My dad said if he would of choosen to go there he'd of gotten somthing like 300 more a month. Apparently its not a popular place to live :)

I couldn't imagine why.

lol You also get paid more to be stationed overseas (like My Friend James who was stationed in Iraq, he made like.. 3 times my dads paycheck, and he makes QUITE a bit of cash haha)

Over 50? Eh, My stuff comes from talking to people that have been there, maybe the chill factor is below 0 or something

lol You also get paid more to be stationed overseas (like My Friend James who was stationed in Iraq, he made like.. 3 times my dads paycheck, and he makes QUITE a bit of cash haha)

I know that... But this isn't "Overseas". ANd your Friend James was getting combat pay. Example in germany

My dad gets his paycheck
His rent is paid for (we live off base)
we get 400 euros a month for untilies
We get gas coupons (400 literes amonth I believe)
everything in europe is 16% cheaper next year it'll be 20%

But alaska isn't overseas is teh only station that is in america that you get paid a lot of extra cash to live in.

I didnt say it was, I was just making a related comment, Sorry

I meant it like.. no one wants to be there, they get a pay increase for being there

Back
Top Bottom