External Harddriver

-Paul-

Fully Optimized
Well today i bought a seagate 300 gig hd, and a external enclosure. It works great except one flaw, it is warm to the touch, and when i start to movie edit, it gets really warm, is there anything I can do?

Most external harddrives usually get pretty warm. I doubt it's anything to fret over, but if you're really that worried, just put it in a open spot with nothing obstructing the ventilation spots.

All externals are hot. I havent found a cool one to date. Hell, I have a 4gb usb 2.0, 4200rpm drive. It damn near burned me once. I mean not really, but in a nutshell it was hot.

Same with my friends 120gb. Although, my other friends 250 wasnt that bad. Although, it was just kinda on, not running when I touched it.

All in all, unless its smoking no need to worry.

omg what kinda externals do u guys use? The one I used was never hot, not even really warm. And it had been on, continuously working, for like 12h and it still it must have been like under 40C.

Well, sometimes I hit my computer hardware with a hammer if it acts up (works a lot). So, unless you hit it too hard, it should work fine =).

Back
Top Bottom