2.4ghz

um doesnt the world know that bluetooth, wifi, cordless phones, i think cell phones, and maybe some microwaves or somesuch run at 2.4ghz.

i am no electrical engineer, but wouldnt that make them slower and worse?

why not something like

wifi=2.41
bluetooth=2.42
phone=2.43

ect

or if that is too hard, 2.5, 2.6/2.5, 2.55, 2.6 ect

why all 2.4 why is that el magic number?

I Agree with you comletly. We have a wireless phone that runs at 2.4 ghz and our wireless lan is also running at 2.4 ghz. Therefore, whenever someone is in middle of an intense game of CsS, like me, and some dick, my brother, makes a call with the phone he knows will mess me up, my internet shuts down :mad: :D

bmk12 said:
I Agree with you comletly. We have a wireless phone that runs at 2.4 ghz and our wireless lan is also running at 2.4 ghz. Therefore, whenever someone is in middle of an intense game of CsS, like me, and some dick, my brother, makes a call with the phone he knows will mess me up, my internet shuts down :mad: :D
Then you steal the phones :p

I dont think you can switch it on the phone... and i know i cant switch my computer's wireless frequency...I think ill just steal the phone like lhuser said ;)

p.s. lhuser, how do you pronounce your name?

well, if they all ran exactly at 2.4ghz, there would beserious problems, they all run at their own frequency that's just a little different, like 2.415, 2.419, etc.

you should just be able to change the channel on your AP/Router to resolve any issues. I've got a wireless router sitting right next to my corless phone and never have any issues.

The reason many devices use the 2.4ghz band is because very little power is needed to get reasonable ranges, and so devices fall below the kind of ERP (effective radiated power) that would require a licence. Higher frequencies, such as 10ghz offer more bandwidth but then you run the risk of interrupting local sattelite tv reception and SHF links for relay TV transmitters as these run in the 10ghz range.

my 5.8ghz phone doesent mess me up. Just cuz its a different frequency. 2.4ghz will mess up wireless tho

Back
Top Bottom