ASUS A8N-E beep codes.

VirtualDrone

In Runtime
So last night I was on my computer when I heard a couple of bang sounds (like metal against metal) then my computer just shutdown. I took off the side of my computer case and on the bottom I found two metal peices that were hot to touch. This is what they look like.
IMG_1315.jpg
IMG_1314.jpg

I tired to start up computer back up, but it would just beep about 5 or 6 times. I also noticed that the fan on my graphics card would stop working after about 2-3 seconds of being on.

Computer Specs.
Asus A8N-E
AMD Athlon 3500+
512mb ram x2
Gefroce 6800 GT 256mb
160GB Harddrive.

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this that would be awesome.
Thanks

They might be off the motherboard. Take everything out, and re-place it all, and while your at it, look for damage.

Do you have any spare video cards you can try. Is the 6800GT PCI-e or AGP? But it sounds like your going to have to get a new motherboard.

So take everything out and put it back together? I have already looked for damage and I haven't found anything yet. The 6800GT is a PCI-e and I don't have any other spare cards. I am guessing that it has something to do with the motherboard or the graphics card. Do you think that my warranty will cover this?

Does anyone else have any ideas on what to do? What do 5-6 beep codes mean? I looked threw my user guide for my motherboard and i couldn't find anything. I built my computer and it is only about 5 months old.

sounds like something in there got to hot and blew up, it was most likely the motherboard which u'll need to replace but dont do anything till u find out where they came from

All the parts are only about 5-6 months old. I am going to go to the place where I bought the parts and if they can't do anything I am going to send the motherboard to Asus. While we are on the topic, my Asus graphics card fan cuts in and out at start up and then just stops working. Is this something to do with the motherboard or the card? Or are both things busted?

Ok, I checked a big screen shot of the mobo and I don't think the damage is from there. Heck, if it was, it would have been like me: Wouldn't power on.

lhuser said:
Ok, I checked a big screen shot of the mobo and I don't think the damage is from there. Heck, if it was, it would have been like me: Wouldn't power on.
Yeah thats the thing. I have checked everywhere and i can't see any spots where these parts would go. So I have no idea what is busted and what I should send in. On the other hand my video card fan isn't working so I know I need to get that replaced but the computer should still start up but it doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom