sick of my ping!

Gamingfreak

Fully Optimized
ok for a few weeks now my ping has been very annoying, i used to get about 20 ping in my clan server now it stays above 50, ive tried EVERYTHING, ive tried different rates, different internet settings, a different network card, turning the other comps in my house off and it still stays the same causing my shots to lag and ive even phoned my ISP and they couldnt tell me whats wrong, so do u guys have any idea what it might be?

i don't know what your talking about but an average ping of 50 is great lol. i used to be in the thousands until i called my cable co. and they replaced a cable outside

Your seriously compalining about a ping of 50? I usually get like 130.

Anyways, all it is, is that your ISP is taking on more people, and not getting more or better servers, so the same amout of servers with more people.

Thats what happened to me, I used to be around 30-40 ping, and then about a year later, im looking at 130.

Odds are, theres a few routers out along the route that the packets must travel.. forcing them to take a longer route.. resulting in higher ping.

Don't complain about 50, dude. I am lucky if I can get 60. I usually end up with about 80-100

im not complaining about 50, im complaining that it will go from 20 to 70 or sometimes over 100 which causes me to lag, i wouldnt care if it was a constant 50 but it jumps up and down a lot

gaming_freak said:
ok for a few weeks now my ping has been very annoying, i used to get about 20 ping in my clan server now it stays above 50, ive tried EVERYTHING, ive tried different rates, different internet settings, a different network card, turning the other comps in my house off and it still stays the same causing my shots to lag and ive even phoned my ISP and they couldnt tell me whats wrong, so do u guys have any idea what it might be?
restart the router and the broadband modem(i will explain below). that should fix it, some of them collect a cache (or so i have heard) and you need to clear it which will make it faster. All you have to do to clear it is unplug the router and modem (from the power outlet) wait 30 seconds and plug the MODEM in, then wait another 30 sec. and plug the ROUTER in.

Back
Top Bottom