New CPU paste...

Kage

Golden Master
I got some new thermal paste (wasn't brilliant stuff, but was only stuff the shop had (says my dad)).

Anyhow, it only came in a little tube, so thought I'd spread it out like what you got with the AMD spec. So I ended up using all of it...

My dad then said that the guy in the shop said to only use a little drop...

Well, After putting it all back, and fitting the side of the case back on after a little knock.

The CPU stabalises at 45 degrees C idle.

If I push it, it gets to 49-53 degrees C, but quite quickly goes back to 46 Degrees C, and then after a few minutes, down to 45 degrees C.

I think its alot better than it was, but I'm not sure.

I also using the Uguru clock, turned off CPU fan EQ which limited the CPU speed for less noise, and I didn't notice that.

So the fan spins most of the time now at 5580RPM... but with the side on, its not really that much louder than it was before when it was off.

Better temps you think?

System ambient temperature - 37 degrees C.
Room temperature - 30 degrees C

Uhuh...

It wasn't that much of a tube really... After I'd layered it all on, it looked like the reference heatsinks amount...

I then put the heatsink on and moved it about to smooth it, and then strapped it...

0.5 grams it had in it.

I didn't honestly know :(

This was a 0.5g though. It was probably really cheap stuff.

I just pushed it farther by rendering on Max, and it shot to 55 degrees C, and dropped as soon as it stopped.

So, it hasn't improved at all really to tell the truth.

If I put only a drop on though, would it have been better? I made sure it was smooth before strapping it.

Yeha, room temps 30 degrees C.

When the temperatures normal, since last few days its been 36 degrees C in this room, but it dropped a bit last night.

Its usually 25 degrees C in here, but still rather hot I think.

Its stopped at 52 degrees C now I have Max open, MSN, and Firefox, with the Power board next to the CPU (PWM..) at 40 degrees C.

So the CPU's 12 degrees hotter than that.

I thought the fan speed of the fan though could only be 3500RPM or something, but its sticking at 5820RPM now, and when it was really hot, got to 6000RPM+ a few days ago

Back
Top Bottom