does anyone here have a really strict school system?

^^^ Our school tech all work for the board, and only come into schools when nesscary. Actually, they don't come into schools when nesscary. Their last visit to cable something was supposed to be 6 months ago.

Anyways our filters block alot of stuff. We block all the good stuff like hotmail and myspace for one. Than my two favourite catagories get blocked as well, which include Criminal Skills (Lock Picking, Hacking) and Hate Speech (Anything that is anti-conservative)

Also our primary server only has 300 gig and we have 1100 students, we have an issue of overflowing the server. But I recently added a 200 gig server for a single class, so that helps.

Pray tell why you would need and more than 50MB?

*considering your school network space should be for your scholo stuff, not pictures/movies files etc...*

root said:
Pray tell why you would need and more than 50MB?

*considering your school network space should be for your scholo stuff, not pictures/movies files etc...*

Pictures and movies are used daily for educational reasons

sometimes if you take off the www. and just leave the http before it, it sometimes works .....

Our college uses many techniques to monitor/detect/snoop on whats going on. They use "Vision Client" which is like remote desktop on Windows Server - it allows you to see whats going on on ppl's computers without them knowing anything. The thing is though I cracked the HDD protection on a staff computer and copied the whole program across to my account including all the DLL's and reg keys etc!

j.venning said:
Our college uses many techniques to monitor/detect/snoop on whats going on. They use "Vision Client" which is like remote desktop on Windows Server - it allows you to see whats going on on ppl's computers without them knowing anything. The thing is though I cracked the HDD protection on a staff computer and copied the whole program across to my account including all the DLL's and reg keys etc!

We use something liek that called "Lanschool"

I got a stolen version and it works great, and their's even a crack for it to do some really really cool stuff :)

great it's good to know we have professional hackers in our school systems ready to test our security configurations after a hard day of calculus.

Where I used to work, we had Websense. It blocked quite a bit. It blocked all the inappropriate sites, and you could manually enter blocks to the filter. It sometimes blocked web pages from Lyrics.com to show up because of the content of the lyrics. But there's those sites to get around the filter. What you need to do about those is manually block those; sites like pureprivacy.com and shysurfer.com. Those sites could bypass any filter, at schools and other workplaces. Then you can keep the people within their boundaries.

Back
Top Bottom