ebay special opinion? 7.0GHz

aussie

Solid State Member
Hello all, came accross this on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/7-GHZ-PENTIUM-D-MOTHERBOARD-COMBO-3-4-3-6-3-8-950-4-775_W0QQitemZ6891230037QQihZ013QQcategoryZ80143QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem and wondering if this is good or not obvisouly 7.0MGz (OMG :D) however i would like to know if the quality factor, how long will it last, if anyone is currently running 7.0ghz or more can u please tell me if a complete cooling system is required and if so what type of case+cooling should i be looking at? since i run my computer non stop with the ocasional night rest, would it be allright for Gaming, downloading, Music Editing tools, downloading ect.
as much feedback on this would be nice
thanks
aussie

thanks for the quick reply i understand thanks - so in performance in a way i will be getting 7.0 overall but only 3.5 max for each ap??

Its just a fancy way of advertising. Its really 3.5 GHz until they make use of dual core CPUz it'll be 3.5. BUt I feel you could technically call it "7.0 Ghz" its still a good deal to bad its a intel.

Haha, another idiot who has no idea how dual-core truly works. He can't even provide the full processor code, only 9xx. Becides, even if it ran at 7.0ghz, it would fry almost immediately with that stock cooler. You would need phase-change cooling or LN2 at the minimum.

He's an idiot. 3.5 + 3.5 is true to be 7, but this is an exeption.

3.5 + 3.5 = 3.5 + 3.5

Actually he did provide everything he did to make it 3.5 GHz.

The cpu original CPU is a 2.8ghz x2 Intel Pentium D 920 CPU with 4mb (2mb x2) of onboard cache. This CPU is a gem, and I have overclocked it to 3.5ghz x2, which makes it faster than the Intel Pentium 4 3.6ghz, the Pentium 4 3.8ghz Pentium 4 CPU, or the Pentium D 930 and 940 cpu. I have stress tested the cpu and motherboard at 3550mhz x2 for over 3 days (72 hours) straight at 100% cpu utilization and not one single error was reported by the stress test applications. Stress test applications include: prime95, sandra sys soft, 3dmark running in loop. After the stress tests, I clocked the cpu 50mhz lower per core , and set the combo at 3.5ghz x2 to give it a margin of safety. I guarantee the system running at 3.5ghz x2 to be 100% stable.

I offer 1 yr warranty for the CPU and the motherboard has 1 yr warranty from ECS.

Nik00117 said:
Its just a fancy way of advertising. Its really 3.5 GHz until they make use of dual core CPUz it'll be 3.5. BUt I feel you could technically call it "7.0 Ghz" its still a good deal to bad its a intel.
Do you have something against Intels? :eek:

Back
Top Bottom