who needs a tube amp for their ipod??? seriously??

borat_sagdiyev

Golden Master
ok, so for the past years, ive been seeing alot of speaker systems for the ipod in various shapes, sizes, and prices, but most of them being overpriced. a quick search on google can reveal that.

http://images.google.ca/images?hl=en&sa=N&resnum=0&q=ipod speaker system&spell=1&tab=wi

I have no clue why someone would pay 10-500 dollars for a 50 watt speaker system or whatever, when you can just plug it in to your computer speakers or something, or better yet, just play the music from your computer. i really feel sorry for the companies making those because they are just loosing money.

NOW FOR THE GRAND FINALLY

http://www.engadget.com/2006/06/11/nothing-like-a-valve-amp-for-that-ipod/

i was searching the internet and stuff, and i found a valve (vaccum tube) amp for the (you guessed it) Apple iPod. WTF!!!!???! who wants to waste 880 dollars on a thing that you have to waste 100 on every few months to get the tubes replaced, and when you can just plug it in to a normal stereo????

And for those who bought a speaker system for their ipod, SHAME ON YOU. lol

jks

omg, i absolutely HATE how ipods have completely dominated the mp3 player scene. the ONLY small advantage of buying speakers made for an ipod is that it looks good, sometimes. honestly, i think that the name, "ipod," has soemthing to do with why it became popular in the first place. all ym friends are always like, "i love how apple puts ' i ' in front of everything its so cool." wel i thinks tis dumb but thats my opinion.

i dont get the big deal over the ipods. i mean when the 15 gig ipods were out my friend bought one and it didnt come with a case so he had to go buy one. the total came out to be $350. what a rip off

so a few months later i bought myself an iRiver iHp-120.

it has 20 gigs, came with a leather case, head phones, in-line recorder(i can record songs directly from a cd player), built in microphone that records voices crisp and clear about 20 feet away, and a built in radio for about 300 bux.
0d_9.JPG

would you say ipod is a rip off? and besides i had the thing for a bout 3 years now and it ahs a crack in the glass and still works. do you think an ipod would work after a crack?

Ronco Rox said:
do you think an ipod would work after a crack?

yes.

my ipod has been dropped in a lake twice, and the screen is smashed (i was rather drunk in egypt, and it took a tumble onto the cobbled street as i was trying to change song), and ive had it about 2 1/2 years now... and the sounds still work perfectly fine. i love my ipod.. great piece of kit. very impressive how resiliant they are.

mark thorpe said:
yes.

my ipod has been dropped in a lake twice, and the screen is smashed (i was rather drunk in egypt, and it took a tumble onto the cobbled street as i was trying to change song), and ive had it about 2 1/2 years now... and the sounds still work perfectly fine. i love my ipod.. great piece of kit. very impressive how resiliant they are.
Where are you from? nvm UK I looked

I've seen people make headphone amps out of matchboxes. didn't see the point untill I tried to run some headphones off my mp3 player and discovered it wasn't powerful enough!

David Lindon said:
I've seen people make headphone amps out of matchboxes. didn't see the point untill I tried to run some headphones off my mp3 player and discovered it wasn't powerful enough!

lol Do you have any pictures of the matchbook headphones

Ipods sell because of the same. If you truly cared for the specs you'd find deals WAY BETTER.

Back
Top Bottom