AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Overclock

AMDs are very overcloackable. I saw a overclock with 3200 at 2.7 GHz with stock cooler, granted it was a tad bit hot.

I'm not sure why but when I go to the BIOS I never have the option to change my RAM rates or FSB.

Any suggestions for this problem?

Liminator said:
I'm not sure why but when I go to the BIOS I never have the option to change my RAM rates or FSB.

Any suggestions for this problem?

if there isn't any options to change the fsb or multiplyer then u have to flash the bios.

Liminator said:
I flash the BIOS by taking out the Coin Battery and putting it back in right?

no. That only sets the bios to the default settings.
U flash the bios by getting a new modified bios (google is ur friend) and then using a program designed for flashing a new bios into ur mobo.
Sometimes u can get a windows based program, sometimes u need to boot the program from a floppy.

Most people flash their BIOS directly from a utility software provided by the motherboard's manufacturer website. Usually, they're needed to add additional capabilites to the BIOS. Taking out the battery doesn't really rewrite it, but restores it to stock settings. I had to do this few times before when my OC went wrong and wouldn't let me boot, lol.

I have the same processor, and it's currently overclocked at 2.2Ghz (same as a 3500+).

29 degrees C idle.

Well I downloaded the BIOS updates or whatever and when I extracted I got 3 files.

autoexec
FLASH892
K8NSC939.F8

What do I do with these.
Oh and I don't have a floppy drive.

Back
Top Bottom