AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Overclock

Liminator

In Runtime
I'm pretty new to overclocking CPUs and I was just wondering how much I should over clock my CPU. It's a 1.8 Ghz chip.

Runs at 25 Celsius Idle with 1.38V.
I have 1GB of PC3200 RAM.
MOBO is Gigabyte Technology model: nforce 28 Celsius Idle.

Any suggestions?

I'm using PC Wizard to monitor temps.

Also when I try to raise the FSB I don't see the option in the BIOS to change RAM frequency and etc. Do I have to flash the BIOS or something?

Very efficient CPU you have. I like the numbers. There are a variety of ways you can OC it. A simple way is to increase the CPU FSB clock by a small amount to ensure stability. Don't get carried away and go for a big jump. 5MHz is a nice increment. Then save the settings and reboot your PC. When you are increasing the speed of the frontside bus, it also increases the speed of your system RAM. Some other people have tried setting the RAM from 400DRR to 333DDR and then change the HTT frequency to 4 (800MHz). Your CPU can be clocked efficiently this way from 1800mhz to 2100mhz (230MHz FSB) easily.

This CPU has a high potential for OC if you know the different combinations to try, especially with RAM timings and such.

Liminator said:
How many MHz whould I raise it each time though? Like bring it up by 10 each time or 50?

Well I'd just raise it by about 100 (so maybe like increase fsb by 10, depends on the multiplyer.) in the beginning, until like 2Ghz. Then with about 50 mhz steps to like 2.2 and then about 10 mhz from there.

And when u change the FSB u also change the ram frequency.

Back
Top Bottom