Anyone hear about this internet may become slower thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant stand Gmail either. I dont like whatever languge that made it. Because there arnt any actual message links. I suggest if you use gmail, download and use a mail client like thunderbird, or use Operas built in one.

So does the Oprea one. Lol

Im about to try thunderbird, because going to gmail.com just isnt cutting it.

Money talks. All companies care about is money. It's good to make a profit and get somewhere in life.. but it's just plain wrong when your 'small' cash consists of twice that of the next guys two months pay, yet he still wants more.

Total nazi.

I just read that artical and a few links on the page. It looks like the legislation probably won't get passed anyway so I don't think you should be too worried. It's still scary that it's gone as far as it did though.

The reason big net-based companies managed to become sucessful in the first place is they had a level, free playing field and this would prevent other net-based companies to start up.

Their arguments that compare the situation of 1st class plane tickets to economy class is irrelevent. In that case, it's the consumer that decides. There other argument that it's like 2 day air mail deliverly over 6 day by road is also unfounded. In that case, the buyer of the airmail delivery is paying for something that would not be done as a default.

As fast as possible access to sites is already the default way it works and the owners of the sites already pay for there hosting that inturn, provides the funds to spend on the communication infrastucture (if they host their sites themselves, they pay for there connection as well anyway).

The end user of the website also pays a premium for faster net access aswel (say 10MB/s BB over 1MB/s) so why should they experience a website slower just because the owner of the site doesn't pay this 'fat cat tax' like fee - even though the 10MB/s user is already paying a premium for the faster net access - probably to the same company or the parent company.

It'll not pass. Even if it does in the US, I think it's highly unlikely that it ever would in the EU.

I have to agree with coonchri and if it does their will be an uproar. Trust me have you ever pissed off a billion poeple before? No didn't think so :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom