password recovery

on windows 98 there was a file in the windows file that u could take out for each user and it would take the password off, and wen u put the file bk ur password comes bk.

IDK but he made the account, got what he needed to get into his friends computer, and hes never comming back. Guarentee it.

This works.
Go to command prompt. Or just go to run and type cmd.
Now type "net user "Your username" "Your new password" and it changes! Oh by the way it will haVe your account name on the side, if you ever changed your account name it wont work with that one. You need to use your old first one which is displayed anyways. It changes the password even for the different name.

connchri said:
Hmm, if any files have been encryted or privatised, this method may render some files inaccessable. To make sure that that doesn't happen, your best to used a brute force password decryptor.

There's a Linux Live CD (I forgot the name of it) that boots directly of your cdrom drive and it can brute force decrypt windows passwords. If I'd known the name, I'd tell you but I don't - sorry.

This live CD is called ophcrack :)

A very good CD it is, it takes all of 15 minutes to get an average password. You can also reset passwords much mroe easily than cracking passwords however.

ArrizX said:
IDK but he made the account, got what he needed to get into his friends computer, and hes never comming back. Guarentee it.
Isincerely hope you're right, both for giving him the benefit of the doubt, & being sure that he won't be back, I just gave one guy a day & a half to assure me that his request was genuine, he didn't respond, so I closed the thread.

Back
Top Bottom