Acer laptop- i think it might be in hibernation...!?

jaggysnake

Beta member
Ok im not great with computers but i can generally work out how to do what i need to do if that makes sense...

Anyway i open my laptop and turn it on, only to be greeted with a completely black screen, the power light is on and the fan is on, its not the battery as its fully charged and i looked in the manual and tried everything it says so im assuming that it thinks its in hibernation... No buttons work at all, even the power button you need to hold for a few seconds before it turns off...

What should i do!? x

Turn it off and on, like you said, the power button has to be held for a few seconds, thats how it is with all new computers. They no longer shut down instantly, you have to hold it, and then windows will shut it down..So yeah, just hold the power button for 5-6 seconds, and then wait a bit, and turn it back on..

Did you just buy this laptop? Sounds to me like something is wrong. Like maybe the video card went.

try the "fn" or function key then F5, or whatever key has the picture of a LCD screen on it. Happens sometimes with my laptop, you could also hold the power button down until it shuts of then turn it back on.

Yeah its relatively new and i have tried turning it off and on....! Thanks anyway, yeah i also tried that F5 thing before. Any other ideas?!

Fuck im going to lose everything on there aren't I....

no no, you won't lose everything as long as the hard drive is still good. If it's the video card then all you data will be safe.

Yeah, faulty screen. Loose/Broken connection inside it sounds like. Easy fix for computer store people. But, try plugging a desktop moniter to it, and see what happens. If you have a second one.

Back
Top Bottom