hard drive

ToxicAvenger

Beta member
Hi, I was considering getting a new hard drive for my laptop. The only problem is that I don't have installation disks for XP. My laptop is an IBM thinkpad so the OS is installed from the hard drive. How would I go about getting a new HD and reinstalling windows? Is there a way i can copy all the files over and not have to reinstall any programs, including XP?

This is legal, you can borrow a friends cd, and just put your cd key in. Really when you buy windows xp, you're not paying for the cd, but the cd key. So all you really have too do, is borrow a buddys cd for a day, and when the part comes for the cd-key type yours in..

Dev0115 said:
This is legal, you can borrow a friends cd, and just put your cd key in. Really when you buy windows xp, you're not paying for the cd, but the cd key. So all you really have too do, is borrow a buddys cd for a day, and when the part comes for the cd-key type yours in..

You sure that works? Wouldn't each cd just have a cd key specific to that cd? What about if his version is older than the friends cd so that his friends cd wouldnt have his key on it.

aowen416 said:
You sure that works? Wouldn't each cd just have a cd key specific to that cd? What about if his version is older than the friends cd so that his friends cd wouldnt have his key on it.
No, the cd keys aren't specific to the cd. You can use any XP cd with any cd key. Like someone said, you are just paying for the cd key, you can go download windows XP from any p2p source and use it as long as you have a legal cd key.

Back
Top Bottom