Windows XP Home Edition Help!

kevinscallan

Baseband Member
I have previously put a new thread on this forum for some help that i require for installing Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition.

When you put a New installation of Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition on to a brand new HDD you have to do a low level format and scan for any bad sectors/tracks.

I after i did that i changed the BIOS setting to boot from CD ROM drive.

It went through the part when you have to create a partition.

Then windows setup restarts the computer.

When it's restarted do you have to change to BIOS boot setting back to C only so that setup can carry on with the installation to the HDD.

Any help would be great.

No, you shouldn't have too as long as the HDD is somewhere in the boot order. If you don't press any key when the CD asks you it will go on what ever is set to boot after the CD. Hope this helps! :)

Cheers mate i won't be able to try this out until monday night but i will post a reply on here and let you know if that was of any use to me.

Fitted the New Maxtor HDD and Installed windows xp on to it with no problems. Booted from CD ROM First then changed the boot option in the BIOS to boot from C Only.

Thanks for your help.

I would have just left the boot order have the CD First. Not all CD's are bootable so it would boot from the hard drive anywayz.

Back
Top Bottom