Virus?

V3RT1G0

Baseband Member
well i ahve my computer pretty well secured but the other day i was browsing and i get this pop up saying i have a virus (AVG Free told me)... it said SpySheriff.html is a trojan and is located in C://Windows/system32/SpySheriff.html but i click for it to be sent to the vault and deleted but i was wondering because ive had this same exact virus before lol and i got rid of it but this time it tried to change my desktop but didnt install any other trojans thank god but do u think it could have spread even though i deleted that html file?

No worries, see how you go.

Yeah, it does sort of suck that the scans are only compatible with IE.

Having said that, I've never had to use them though (at least not at home).

or.. you can do it in dos... Load up dos on a disk.. read your Harddrive.. cd\ C:/Windows/system32/, than type del C:/Windows/system32/SpySheriff.html

V3RT1G0 said:
well i ahve my computer pretty well secured but the other day i was browsing and i get this pop up saying i have a virus (AVG Free told me)... it said SpySheriff.html is a trojan and is located in C://Windows/system32/SpySheriff.html but i click for it to be sent to the vault and deleted but i was wondering because ive had this same exact virus before lol and i got rid of it but this time it tried to change my desktop but didnt install any other trojans thank god but do u think it could have spread even though i deleted that html file?
My AVG free has detected eight trojans mostly Exploit WMF in the last six months, all were removed to the vault, no residue, no more problems up to now, I wouldn't have any other anti-virus.

AVG Free works great, yeah... :) I've used Norton in the past but I do find that AVG is a much better pieice of software. :)

Back
Top Bottom