Why Does HL2:E1 Run Like This???

I think I know the reason.

Maybe on low resoloutions, the video card was being forced not to be used much?

Like, i.e on benchmarks, at 640x480 for the CPU test, the graphics cards hardly working.

Maybe its the same thing? And forcing them up made the game run better since it was using more of the card?

Well, at the lowest settings i still ran on the same resolution (1280x1024).

However, putting it in my situation you could say having it on the lowest settings didn't need the car so much so it forced it all on the CPU but...Just seems unlikely that a PC would not utilize the power it has. I doubt that is so, but it's a valid idea.

As for overclocking my card...Surely 75'C is incredibly hot for a card to get??? I know nothing about what temperature things should run at, but...Just seems pretty warm! How long will it take to increase the temperature? I don't want to OC and then find out 2 hours later it's too hot! Will it make much difference overclocking a 6600GT?

Cheers again guys, you're a great help as always!

75 degrees C's pretty normal for a video card actually.

My 6800GS is at idle, 50 degrees C. I don't know how hot it gets while playing games, but it must be close to that, and mines pre-overclocked by BFG.

That thing I said is only thing I can think of.

It makes sense though because it used to happen to me. more so when I had my older chips though, and it would be slower at lower resoloutions, etc.

to answer your question type net_graph 3 in console. to enable console go to options, keyboard, advanced, check enable devoler console. Default console button ~` its on the left of the one key

Cheers mate. It runs on about 32fps constantly...Not bad for a 6600GT eh???

...Do you reckon it'll perform even better if i OC more?

Thats very good.

On the lost coast demo, I only get about 35fps, and thats with a 6800GS...

I dont see much proof in that statement (not that your lieing, just that I dont see how it possibe). Because I have heard it to. And never seen a source of proof.

They only do this to get manufactuerer support like:

Nvidia, How its meant to be Played.

They may be slightly made to run better on the cards, but that wouldn't be right in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom