Windows Messenger

JP198780

In Runtime
is there anyway 2 get rid of the Windows Messenger? or is it part of the Windows, and you cant delete it? i dont use it i use AIM, thanks.

Only Windows Messenger is used to connect to the Communications Service and Microsoft Exchange Instant Messaging, but you don't need it to run MSN Messenger features if that's all you're planning to do.

You can't really get rid of Windows Messenger, but you can prevent it from running. By default, Windows XP Professional and Windows XP Home Edition install Windows Messenger. The user interface does not let you remove or uninstall Windows Messenger. When you install Windows XP Service Pack 1, Windows adds a new feature that is named "Set Program Access and Defaults" to the Add or Remove Programs tool in Control Panel. You can use this feature to remove Windows Messenger from the Start menu, from the desktop, or from other locations.

go to
Control panel-Add and remove programs-then hit add/remove windows Components and scroll all the way down then uncheck the box that says windows messenger then hit ok
then restart computer and then go to
c:/Program Files and their should be a folder called "Messenger" Delete that
and then you should be good

you dont see win mess?
16gw5.jpg

Yeah, I've been doing the Add/Remove Windows Components way to get rid of useless applications on my comps (Windows Messenger, MSN Explorer etc). It's heaps easy and works well!.

Like nate said, just untick the boxes for the applications you want to get rid of.

Back
Top Bottom