World Cup!!

Lol, Good going Germany!

I'm supporting them this year, as Scotland isn't in it - yet again :( Fingers crossed....... as i've put 20 quid down on them winning the cup.

Like most people I'm getting fed up with all the fuss about it, every ad on tv etc. People need to stop worrying about it!

Here in the US there aren't that many adds. There are a few addidas ones though that keep playing over and over.

The Ecuador vs. Poland was a pretty good game. The england game tomorrow should be a good one.

Meh, I was never really that interested in Soccer (or Football for you crazy Brits :D). I guess I'll keep an eye on it's progress on Yahoo! Sports.

David Lindon said:
Like most people I'm getting fed up with all the fuss about it, every ad on tv etc. People need to stop worrying about it!

My god! Someone agrees with me. I'm not meaning this as a dig at all to anyone south of the border, but seriously, I work 11 hour shifts, and I still here about 1966 everyday here. They changed the name of mars bars the lot, just for the world cup. Don't get me wrong likes, all the best to you guys, But your right, 20% of the news is constantly the World Cup.

Still, I think it's a good Idea to have a least one sticky thread in the lounge about it.

I'm supporting Germany too, because my country never goes to the World Cup, apparently we suck too much. Anyways, the first game (Germany vs. Costa Rica) was a nice game, I thought Costa Rica was going to do a little more though.

England, England, England, we've won the first match, onward, ever onward!
blobfir.gif

Well yeah, England just finished with Paraguay. England won 1-0. I went to the pub and watched it, the atmosphere was so good. Crouch is a fouling little one, he's going to cause some problems in this World Cup.

Crouch is so gangly looking. You look at him and would think he wouldn't be good at all.

Yeah I think Paragauy played good the second half. The first half though was pretty much all england.

Yeah, they got some nice shots in, in the second half - they all either missed or got saved though.

Gr...Rooney so needed to be there, he would of got us a goal. He was on the bench, but I dont think he ever played.

Back
Top Bottom