Would this send out a wireless signal from my pc to connect

dickibobboy

In Runtime
Hi, i am going on holiday in the summer for 4weeks and going to take my laptop with me, im staying with family and they have a pc with 2mb broadband.

i was going to buy a usb ethernet adaptor(i dont think they have a ethernet card in) so i could use the internet at the sametime as someone else using it. I was browsing ebay and came across this, and from what i understand, if i install it on the pc it will transmit a wireless signal and i can connect to it on my laptop. so i will be able to use the internet somewhere else out of there study/office thing.

Am i right in saying this?

Thankyou

Dickibobboy

They would need a router for you to be able to use wireless, and if not a router, you could get a hub if the ISP provides more than one IP address. If not then you would need a router, but with a hub you would have to connect hardwired with an ethernet cable.

yes, but from what i read of the item it transmits a wireless signal so i can connect to it and use the internet, and this is that members of this forum thought aswell

Yes, it would work. All you would need appart from that is built in wifi or a wifi card/stick for your laptop if you didnt have one already.

Hope that solves it.
Regards,
James. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom