MOBO of death

cincyreds27

Solid State Member
i have this mobo DFI lparty DFX200

2gb ddr corsair 3200 DDR400

pci16x PNY 7900gt

AMD 4000 939

ok i plugged all this in the way the manual said i configured jumper settings over and over but this is what happens (bbtw ive tried removing cpu inspecting it and putting it back same with ram and i only have one stick in it right now that still didnt work...ive also done this with the v-card) only the stby pwr led comes on no other leds have come on EVERYTHING else works the card the fans the hardrive the dvd-rw but the mobo just doesnt seem to light up like it should DRAM and Diagnostics leds to not light up...anyone wanna help...please??

What I would do is take everything out of the case, and re-build it, maybe the mobo is touching the case, and shorting out. Or, contact DFI, via phone, and get live techie support.

i was debating on doing that i might as well thanks ill give it a try i do think it may be the case now thinking about it there are some metal things underneat that may be touching it what should i do about that??

tried it didnt wokr and dfi support is far from helpful they want me to fill out things i dont have yet configured long story short 30 minutes worth of typing for a maybe we will reply ughhh looks like ill have to wait another week lol...

i also took the motherboard out and suspended it on the foam the came underneath it in its anti static bag it powered up but same thing happend im hoping that its not the mobo thats the problem what a hassle this could be...

When you did everything and all checked, it's a bad motherboard.

Tommy Boy is seconded by me.

It might not just be a bad motherboard have you changed the LED Wires round on the Mobo because i had the exact same problem and it was HDD LED and PWR LED Was connected the wrong way round on the Mobo Panel Header. E.G PWR LED+ was to PWR LED- On mobo.

when i built my comp, i put electrical tape over all of the screw holes, then pocked a small hole for the screw, therefore, no shorting out against the case! i win!

ghetto style, screw that case, assemble everything outside of the case....see if it works.....

all very good idea my i wont be able to work on it again till monday due to my job i will post back to let you guys know but thanks a lot for replies

kevinscallan said:
It might not just be a bad motherboard have you changed the LED Wires round on the Mobo because i had the exact same problem and it was HDD LED and PWR LED Was connected the wrong way round on the Mobo Panel Header. E.G PWR LED+ was to PWR LED- On mobo.

could you elaborate on that a little i know somewhat about my computer but i have a feeling my wiring isnt all that good if you could explain a little would be greatly appreciated

Ok, just plug in your power switch into the motherboard for now, see what happens then.

These things..

PigtailMobo.jpg

Just the power one for now.

Back
Top Bottom