oh great

TRDCorolla said:
You'll love those speakers. Logitech are #1 in PC sound. THat hard drive looks ok too. Lots of storage.
ya. the same type(same brand, same series, same specs) of hdd but 160gb is like $70, so for $10 more, im getting 90gb more. thats hecka cheap.

whoops. i forgot to add in a keyboard/mouse to that budget earlier. ill just edit it in.

Thats speakers are insane. You also get some insane bass with them, oh man. My dad has them, and they sound so nice, crisp.

The only thing you will find is that it is about 230GB not 250GB because of the formatting. This is the same with any hard drive (ie, a 300GB one would probably be about 280GB) but that doesn't really matter because it is still a huge amount of space!!!

ArrizX said:
Thats speakers are insane. You also get some insane bass with them, oh man. My dad has them, and they sound so nice, crisp.
im just gonna be using onboard sound. should they still sound good?

The only thing you will find is that it is about 230GB not 250GB because of the formatting. This is the same with any hard drive (ie, a 300GB one would probably be about 280GB) but that doesn't really matter because it is still a huge amount of space!!!
ya. that is still a lot of space. all im currently using is about 60gb. lol. so 230 is way more than enough. lol. i think i'll partition it tho. does that lower performance? or raise it? i would think it raises it cuz it decreases teh amount of space the comp has to look thru to find a file.

Yeah, my dad is using onboard too. I mean dude, he doesnt even have a 5.1 card. He has 2.1 or whatever, and I have a nifty little connecter that takes center, rear and front, puts it all into one, and stick it into the back of the computer. So technicly its playing 2.1. But I made it so it plays sound though all the speakers. Even with that it sounds insane.

badninja3 said:
ya. that is still a lot of space. all im currently using is about 60gb. lol. so 230 is way more than enough. lol. i think i'll partition it tho. does that lower performance? or raise it? i would think it raises it cuz it decreases teh amount of space the comp has to look thru to find a file.

No, I don't think it will lower performance because the whole disk won't be fragmented as much because of the individual partitions. It's common knowledge that the more files you store on that huge drive, the slower it will be. Just keep that in mind. I got rid of 3/4 of my files on my HDD (backed them up) and holy smokes!!!! I'm speeding through everything!!! Did a defrag and boot time increased to 15 seconds right into Windows!!!! Talk about fast. I barely have anything on the drive now, just the OS and a few programs that I use. Got rid of my games too!!!

Yeah....

TRDCorolla said:
No, I don't think it will lower performance because the whole disk won't be fragmented as much because of the individual partitions. It's common knowledge that the more files you store on that huge drive, the slower it will be. Just keep that in mind. I got rid of 3/4 of my files on my HDD (backed them up) and holy smokes!!!! I'm speeding through everything!!! Did a defrag and boot time increased to 15 seconds right into Windows!!!! Talk about fast. I barely have anything on the drive now, just the OS and a few programs that I use. Got rid of my games too!!!
but would partitioning the hdd help seek times at all?

Back
Top Bottom