Going custom, help me build!

Alienownage

In Runtime
Hey this is my first post...I am trying to build my first comp...i have an alienware and i realize now that i should have built a custom comp instead.. but oh well too late. so..i already have kinda got an idea of what i want.. amd processor, nvidia gfx card (hoping to go SLI) and 1 gig of ram or more.. this comp isnt being made to replace my alien, im doing it mostly for fun, and to learn some stuff. my budget is around or below $700 ill be playing games like WoW BF2 CS...the case i want to get is the Antec Super lanboy... monitors keyboards mouse.. etc.. i dont want included now..

here is a list of stuff i have came up with

Mobo

Harddrive

RAM

Processor

Graphics card (2)

Could some of you make suggestions and or improvements to what i have listed?

Thanks guys

I personally say go with one 7600GT. Also, if you have the cash get two GB ram, but thats not neccessairy.

Other then that, great system. How much money are you working with though? Because that will help us know what to suggest better.

well...dont really wana spend to much... i think that all came out to around $560
so maybe about 600-700 ish

yeah tax was like 40 bucks and shipping 17... im probly gonna get most of this at Frys or something.. i was just curious to what you guys thought of it...dont really know much about AMDs been on intels alot.. is the processor i chose good? what is the equivalent to it in a pentium

Alienownage said:
yeah tax was like 40 bucks and shipping 17... im probly gonna get most of this at Frys or something.. i was just curious to what you guys thought of it...dont really know much about AMDs been on intels alot.. is the processor i chose good? what is the equivalent to it in a pentium
Better Pentiums suck nuts slow bus speed and they get hot they suck.

Thanks..do you guys think the comp im gonna build will be equal or lesser to what i am on now..(specs in sig) and also how does the 7600GT compare to an x800

Wait, so you want to totally build a new, AMD based computer for 700-ish, thats going to outdo that AlienWare?

Ill tell you all you want to know, just as soon as I get what your doing! Lol

im not trying to build a better computer... just seeing how it would hang with my alien... im most likely gonna be running 1.8ghz opteron (oced) 2 gigs of ram 160 gb harddrive 7600gt

Back
Top Bottom