stock hsf

badninja3

Daemon Poster
whats the rating for the stock amd athlon 64 heatsink's fan?

my cpu(a64 3200+, am2, 2000mhz) runs at about 32d Celcius idle (i dont think the as5 even settled) is that acceptable? i think it is, but i just want to make sure.

That's a good number for an Athlon 64 CPU. Mine is running at 40 degrees now. I've noticed the heat has gone up ever since I installed my new PSU. One of the PSU fans blows down on it and really makes a difference in temperature. It use to be much, much lower in temp.

Wow...I'm close to the mark then... My CPU was at 65 degrees C before, and mines an Athlon 64. Its at 57 degrees C now.

As soon as I hit render in 3DS Max though, it shoots to 63 degrees C...

Room temp at 36 degrees C.

Your temps are good.

Whoa, something's wrong. I've never seen it that high on stock settings. Mine is hanging around 38 degrees right now. Get that heatsink/fan replaced and put on some new thermal compound. What are your voltage numbers?

yeah. thats really bad. u might have a loose connection between the heatsink and cpu. or maybe u have bad thermal paste. cuz it should be anywhere near those temps.

Yeah I believe thats what it is. I'm getting new thermal paste on Monday.

voltages are the lowest:

cpu running at 200mhz bus (2200MHZ real speed), fan speed of CPU (bit weird for stock) at 5640RPM, but a while ago it was running at 6,000RPM...

Back
Top Bottom