This....or that???

singin_superman

Solid State Member
Ok, I've been saving toward buying a new graphics card. Most of the recommendations are for this...saying its the best for an AGP motherboard.

EVGA GeForce 7800 GS

but someone else recommended this one...

GIGABYTE Radeon X800XT

The 2nd one made me skeptical because of the price, but is claimed to be just as good. I prefer Nvidia brand, concidering my most played games run best with it...but I also want a brand that will last for a long time...and also has the best quality of performance and power.

Any suggestions? Price really isn't the issue between these two.

What is your budget? If it's about the area of that X800 XT, you might as well wait and save up $50 or so to get a 7600 GS. You'll be happier the performance of that card instead.

As for the 7800 GS, it has the more recent technologies like Shader Model 3.0, but the price is a bit too expensive. I would wait for the price to go down, or if you can't wait, go with the X850 XT PE instead. If offers similar performance, but it lacks Shader Model 3.0 and all the recent technologies.

Than the X800 XT? Yes.

If your budget allows, then by all means, the 7800 GS is the King of AGP.

Well PCI-E isn't always for gamers. It's quickly taking over AGP and soon in the future, PCI-E will be the standard. All next generation ATI and nVIDIA cards are all PCI-E. They might release a few dumbed down versions for AGP, but if you want the best of the best, PCI-E is the way to go.

i used to go with ati, but then changed over to nvidia, i personally enjoy the quality of nvidia, sometimes they tie when it comes to certain models but this one go with nvidia

Back
Top Bottom