Is this a decent computer?

tyler777

Solid State Member
Hey guys I'm a newbie when it comes to computers, I mainly just want to be able to use it for media programs. I have around 5,000 songs and 300 music videos. I want to be able to listen and watch my music/vids with no problems. I am on a budget so this is what I was looking at. http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-Computer...ryZ51145QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I can spend around $350 tops. I have an external hard drive so I'm not to worried about only having 40gig with that computer. Keep in mind my music vids are of the highest quality. On average they are around 200mb .vob So as long as I can watch them with ease I am happy. thanks

well what are your specs on your computer that you have now. because if you have a budget of 350 bux you upgrade your comp instead of buying a new. and btw...20 dollars as a current bid for a computer? i have never seen that before, not to sure if everything works properly on it.

any modern computer can play music and music videos without any problems. What operating system are u going to use? If u are getting Win XP then I suggest a computer with atleast 512mb of ram.

Right now I am using a hewlett packard pavilion from like 98 with 64mb of ram on win xp haha. I plan on buying more ram for it maybe 1gig. And yes I would be using xp.

yes, lol definetly upgrade your ram. how are you running high qualltiy videos with 64 mb? but more specs please this way we coudl see what you could upgrade

like video card(probably integrated),sound card(probably chipset.

if you dont know what you have then download this program to see
http://www.lavalys.com/products/download.php?pid=3&lang=en

if you do know whats in your computer, then sorry for posting that but i didnt want to post another response if you didnt

Haha either way I want to get a different computer. I meant upgrading ram with the computer in the ebay link. My computer is just a POS.....right now its humming which can be heard throughout the whole house. :( I can't really do anything with this computer, I watch my vids by converting them, then putting them in itunes, then to my ipod.

damien.t.bayles said:
all i think that computer on ebay would be good for is parts (harddrive, disk drive, and the tower, cpu)

okay so u basically ripped all the parts out of it and put it in the old one, why not just keep it the way you bought it, there is no point of doing that if you have everything in one spot and it runs.

but to get back on topic, yeah go for it. i mean the thing is 20 dollars, you have nothing to loose except 50 bux because the shipping is more than the current bid is. wtf kind of crap is that lol?

Back
Top Bottom