Sound Cutting Out

alright, well the soundcard is great!

thanks everyone for your help again

now my next question...

I've got a microphone probably about 4-5 years old

Looking for any installation/drivers for it...

here's a pic of it , it's a Creative microphone :D

Thanks

Kewl. Glad sound card works :)

As for the mic, it shouldn't need any drivers.

Plug it into the microphone port, and then that should be it. Check in the Sound Volumes that its not muted, and try going into Advanced, and possibly turning a MIC Boost on.

Other issues if it isn't working, could be that its not set to record from the right device.

To fix this or to check, open the Volume Control, and go to Options, Advanced Controls (Will allow you possibly to turn on a mic boost), and then go to Options, Properties.

Select recording and list everything. Press okay.

Click microphone as the recording device by ticking underneath it.

Now go back to the Properties, and select Playback again, and again make sure everythings selected, or at least the microphone is to display, and check settings, turning up and going to advanced to check for that boost that may help alot.

I hope this helps.

Kage said:
Kewl. Glad sound card works :)

As for the mic, it shouldn't need any drivers.

Plug it into the microphone port, and then that should be it. Check in the Sound Volumes that its not muted, and try going into Advanced, and possibly turning a MIC Boost on.

Other issues if it isn't working, could be that its not set to record from the right device.

To fix this or to check, open the Volume Control, and go to Options, Advanced Controls (Will allow you possibly to turn on a mic boost), and then go to Options, Properties.

Select recording and list everything. Press okay.

Click microphone as the recording device by ticking underneath it.

Now go back to the Properties, and select Playback again, and again make sure everythings selected, or at least the microphone is to display, and check settings, turning up and going to advanced to check for that boost that may help alot.

I hope this helps.

Alright, I just did everything you said but I can't get into Advanced Controls for some reason, doesn't let me get into it...

It's as if it's not responding as if the mic isn't connected... I might try this mic on another comp and see if it's actually the mic

Nesa said:
Alright, I just did everything you said but I can't get into Advanced Controls for some reason, doesn't let me get into it...

It's as if it's not responding as if the mic isn't connected... I might try this mic on another comp and see if it's actually the mic

well the mic works.... ahh it's frustrating

Weird...

Are you sure you followed my steps thouroughly?
I'm guessing you'd of plugged it into the right slot :p

Since its a whole new sound card, you shouldn't have this issue.

Are there by any chance updated drivers for the sound card?

Kage said:
Weird...

Are you sure you followed my steps thouroughly?
I'm guessing you'd of plugged it into the right slot :p

Since its a whole new sound card, you shouldn't have this issue.

Are there by any chance updated drivers for the sound card?

goes in the pink/red port... yeh I followed all of your instructions... I plugged the mic into a very old computer and it worked

very intersting

might just borrow someone elses mic and test it or I may need to go out and buy a new one and hope that it works...

I'll let you know what happens :D

Back
Top Bottom