My moniter wont stop... screeching?

Half Evil

Golden Master
Yeah, its a standard Dell CRT, and it screeches. Makes this high pitched noise.Hurts my ears. I can hit the moniter and it goes away. And when I say it, I mean hit it hard. But then that weird echo sound stops, and it happens again, (was hitting it on the side).

Then I started planting my fist into the screen. That worked a bit better, but after a while no luck. Its getting really annoying, and I need help!

Hey, it just went away. But it does that and no doubt will come back.

So hit it harder, or what, lol?

it used to do it to to my old monitor, im not sure of the cause, i looked around on the net, and it either said a faulty monitor or its dieing, im a guy who keeps it to hardware in the tower, im not the best i just thought i'd try to help :)

Lol, well this god forsaken thing is almost literally brand new. Oh well, ive been trying to get a new moniter for ages now. Finally I can beg and get one from the parents, :p

Perfect excuse :D

Although, It could be dieing, becuase I have a horrible habbit of ALWAYS turning off my montier. I mean when im away for 5 mintes or over night. Anytime (almost) when I leave the computer chair, I turn off the montier. That could be it.

lol ya u should cut that out, my tv does that sometimes in the winter but when its warmer it stops, dunno y

When my 6600GT is set at anything 75hz refresh rate or higher, anything that is dark, say the screensaver or a forum with a dark template, I can hear my monitor quite easily, that annoying little electricity type sound

Well I have the x300se, at 60hrz.

And now I have to hit it twice, hard to get it to stop, but it does in fact stop :D

Back
Top Bottom