7600gt: no power?

MikeReiner said:
I suggust using an OEM version of windows for a custom built computer.. laptops are usually brand name.. and if your trying to use a brand name-modified version of windows on a custom system, your likely to get some problems.
well, after a bit of bios tweeking, the windows cd installed fine. :D i think i had the cpu underclocked way too much. lol. clock speed was set to automatic. then i changed it to default. then booted windows like that. and windows froze. then i went back(after an hour) into the bios to find that the multiplier was set to only 5x!!! so i was only at 1.0ghz. lol. after that, windows cd booted fine. but it didnt detect my hdd. said it was corrupted. so i connected the hdd to my old pc. didnt recognize. so im guessing its busted. oh well.

i cant even hear it. but thats probably cuz the cpu fan is really loud, and always at near-full blast.

The 7600's are so low in power consumption that a PCI-E power plug isn't needed. All the power it needs is feeded through the PCI-E bus. That's why the 7600 is such a good budget mid-range card. It hardly uses any power, but for the $150+ price range, it offers performance better than the 6800 GT and GS by a healthy margin.

There really aren't any stock fans that are built for silence. If you want something quiet, go for the Zalman VF700-Cu or VF900-Cu depending on your budget.

Back
Top Bottom