7600gt: no power?

badninja3

Daemon Poster
okay, my psu has this little power plug thing for pcie graphics cards. its size is 2pins x 3pins. and theres no place for me to put it in my 7600gt.

my question: is that normal for 7600gt's?

Does your video card work okay? I think the vid cards just have the 4 pin power connector.

Edit: Nevermind....I see you are building your pc.

well, the video card is the last thing i need to put in. everything else is together. i really hope it works. lol. cuz it'd be a b**ch to have to start over.

If there isn't one, it doesn't require one. And, even if it does and you don't notice it, it will tell you when you boot up. No worries either way, give it a shot!

Take it from me, the 7600GT has no power slot, because it relies on the PCI-E16x slot for power.

okay. cool i got my pc up and running!

it can load perfectly into the bios. but when i try to load the windows install disk, it freezes. it says at the bottom "setup if loading files(...)" and with the ..., it is always different each time i load up. and one time it loaded everything, but then rebooted. ive reset it at least 10 times. maybe its because im using my laptop's windows disk that comes with drivers on the disk. idk. i cant find the install disk from my desktop. it doesnt ahve specific drivers on it.

I suggust using an OEM version of windows for a custom built computer.. laptops are usually brand name.. and if your trying to use a brand name-modified version of windows on a custom system, your likely to get some problems.

Back
Top Bottom