BIIIG Problem

spaz_boy31

Solid State Member
Ok, I am new here and I know nothing about computers, just how to work them, nothing about how to fix anything. So here is my problem. My friend told me he oculd fix my computer, I don't know what was wrong with it, but it worked. Well he completely cleared my harddrive to put a new operating system on it or something, well now when you turn it on, it says "CPU fan has failed" and it shuts off. Anyone know how I fix it?

Ok inside your case.. is there fans spining.. is it spining. If not there is your problem

I have no clue, I don't really know much about compters, but im at work right now, but when I get home, I can check. But the thing, is, that it worked fine before we did all this. Is it the fan that is mounted on the motherboard?

spaz boy dose it say warning fan speed to low or failed? or just failed, if it says that check if its on by opening your pc, if it spins but u still get mssg just go to bios and disable it, because my cpu fan at times is slow and at times it gets faster so just disable it in bios and it will be normal

spaz_boy31 said:
I have no clue, I don't really know much about compters, but im at work right now, but when I get home, I can check. But the thing, is, that it worked fine before we did all this. Is it the fan that is mounted on the motherboard?
it should look like this

see if there fan Spning around the on the motherborad

john123 said:
um...plug in the cpu fan

Thanks its already plugged it

spaz boy dose it say warning fan speed to low or failed? or just failed, if it says that check if its on by opening your pc, if it spins but u still get mssg just go to bios and disable it, because my cpu fan at times is slow and at times it gets faster so just disable it in bios and it will be normal

It just says CPU fan has failed. Thats it, then the whole thing shuts off. I looked at it again andf it says. CPU fan failed, service system immediately.

oh then id suggest to buy a new fan dood b/c mine just says speed to low or fail... but i know its on cuz i see it spinning... mine starts saround 1980RMP and gos up

do u know if the fans working or not for real? if it is try to go to bios b4 the mssg b/c my mssg came after i shoed the F-? or w/e key it is to go into setup aka (bios) so if u can get to your bios u can just disable it... and ud be fine thats if the fans spinning

well im not sure, my mom actually looked at it, and she is worse with computers than i am, i am at work right now, but i will look at it tonight, and give you an update tomorrow on everything. what all should i find out for you to help me

Back
Top Bottom