.exe will not delete

kchi55

Fully Optimized
i tried downloading a demo, but i decided to stop, after i stopped, the .exe worth 0kb would not delete. i tried renaming it, i tried to delete it in safemode, no good, can someone please tell me how i could get rid of this? it's so annoying.

kchi55 said:
i tried downloading a demo, but i decided to stop, after i stopped, the .exe worth 0kb would not delete. i tried renaming it, i tried to delete it in safemode, no good, can someone please tell me how i could get rid of this? it's so annoying.
how long ago was this? also you have Xp right?
One I would reinstall the demo then try to delete it. Or just restore your
computer. I defragmented it once before and it got rid of it.

mm... i don't know after doing like 500 million things, i deleted it, thanks anyway!

Hi,

You couldnt by chance tell me how excately you ridded the file? As i have the same issue, a 0 byte file on my desktop that just wont delete......although it wasnt from stopping a download, i cant remember why i had it there, but it just wont delete either...

Any help is much appreciated....

Matt

check taskman.. see if the download or IE download manger is still going... Sometimes a good old restart helps..

Hi,

This actually occured a few months ago lol (i know im slack) and now its starting to annoy me lol......

Thanks,

Matt

dam.. well you can always use that good old hammer to fix the problem. Yu try goinginto safe mode

No not yet, just read something about trying that lol, didnt even think.....will try soon as im doing something at the moment and cant reboot.....thanks for your help will report to say if it worked or not :)

Thanks,

Matt

uh.. to fix the problem, i right clicked the properties and made it read only and hidden and compressed it and did a whole bunch of other things via right clicking and going to properties->advanced

Back
Top Bottom