Help Me Decide...

After the Core 2 Duo's come out, the 805 will drop to $93 dollars, and the 920, 930 will be the same price a little bit over 100 bucks. Personally, i think taht you should wait.

Jamxx said:
Really, I would spend the extra 20-30 bucks and grab the 930. Why? Because the 930 uses the 65nm cores as opposed to the 90nm cores, which means less heat and power consumption in general. I haven't seen a direct comparison of the two processors, but I'm guessing that the 930 also has less power consumption than the 830. They are both the same speed and have the same FSB, which is good, and the 930 has an extra megabyte of L2 cache per core, which equals two times two megabytes or four total, whilst the 830 has one times two or two total. So, that will also give you a performance increase. If you are on a budget, go with the 830. If you have a little extra money to throw around and you want a bit nicer setup, go with the 930. Even though you probably won't notice a huge difference of speed between the two, the new 65nm process and the extra 2 megabytes of L2 cache are just cool to have. :D

But, do what feels right.

Lol, I would have offered that but he would be over budget :p

Anyways, you suggested some great processors, although, power consumption I dont think is a big deal as this is a pc, not a battery run lapop. And as for the heat, well its a desktop, so who cares.

Bottom line, I dont think he will need a 9XX series. Although, I like how ownage suggested to wait, because I had no idea that they would drop that much!

Like Ownage said, wait for the Core 2 Duo to release. Price cuts will make the Pentium D 805 the best deal for a dual-core ever. $93 for a dual-core that can overclock to 4.0ghz on air. Now that's a great deal if you ask me.

Have a clue when Core 2 Duo will be released? I am hearing in July. Is that true? If it is, I don't mind waiting.

Back
Top Bottom