Toshiba laptop overheating...

iceshooter161

In Runtime
Hey my friend has a Toshiba A75 S231 laptop and he is having a ton of heating problems with it. He has a cooling pad but that does not work at all. When the power cord is unplugged he has no problems with overheating but whenever it is plugged in it shuts off a ton due to over heating. Anyone have any suggestions?

It appears that you have a power supply unit that is not functioning correctly. Sounds to me like the fan isn't spinning on it. When on battery the power supply fan wouldn't come on, but when plugged in, the PSU fan should run when it heats up. You should a have a couple of fans going ... at least one for the CPU and also one for the PSU (Power supply unit). If you can confirm this, I'd consider replacing the power supply unit.

I can't speak for all laptops, but both of mine have vents with a fan blowing right next to where I plug into the psu. :) When I hear about overheating and computers/laptops shutting down ... my first thought jumps to fans not working somewhere.

Yeh but i didnt think it was the psu, my laptop has 2 fans. I just assumed they would be for the cpu and the graphics.

If you download cpu-z it should give you information about all the parts of your comp, or you could go to control panel - system, should give you details about your cpu, amount of ram, etc.

WTF, i was just replying to another thread then it goes and posts in this one, wow something span out then. Maybe it was just me!

Yeah I originally thought it was the psu also. However, I have no way of checking for sure so I wanted to ask you guys first before having him call Toshiba. Thanks so far. Anyone else have any suggestions?

i feel for ya man, if ya check out the zd8000 thread im having the same problem, and burning myself lol, sucks royal titties

Back
Top Bottom