Decent GFX Card?

Ahh... I just looked it up..
http://www.dealtime.com/xPF-Dell_Dell_Dimension_E310_Desktop_Computer_for_Home

Doesn't look like it has a PCI-E 16x slot.. or even AGP for that matter... sorry dude, but it looks like you may be out of luck with this computer regarding video upgrades.

The best you can do it seems is... *sighs* buy a cheapie GeForceFX 5500 PCI card... it's really sad how many dell users are forced into that kind of junk.. but it should get you a 'playable' framerate.

Ah, I was afraid of that... Yeah, the FX 5500, or the ATi 9200 (just wait until John123 comes in here...) would be your best options. Those really won't give you what you want, though. Your best bet is to potentially save your money and upgrade the whole thing. You won't regret it. This is why many people (including myself) aren't fond of Dell - their support for third-party upgrading is pretty much nil. Which is understandable from a marketing standpoint, but not from a convenience standpoint... Sorry about that man, hope you don't get too bummed out. :(

aww that really sux lol damn ive been saving money and for nothing o well guess ill just buy some other small upgrades but with those "cheapie" cards how will the framerate run? like i dont really care on quality of gfx but of how smooth the game will run

Jamxx said:
Ah, I was afraid of that... Yeah, the FX 5500, or the ATi 9200 (just wait until John123 comes in here...) would be your best options. Those really won't give you what you want, though. Your best bet is to potentially save your money and upgrade the whole thing. You won't regret it. This is why many people (including myself) aren't fond of Dell - their support for third-party upgrading is pretty much nil. Which is understandable from a marketing standpoint, but not from a convenience standpoint... Sorry about that man, hope you don't get too bummed out. :(
Yeah, i'm not fond of dell either. If I had to pick a company for a PC.. i'd probably go compaq.. decent upgradability.

V3RT1G0 said:
aww that really sux lol damn ive been saving money and for nothing o well guess ill just buy some other small upgrades but with those "cheapie" cards how will the framerate run? like i dont really care on quality of gfx but of how smooth the game will run

At bare minimum?.. well.. I have the agp version of the 5500 in another pc around here.. runs cs source OKish at about 800x600, medium settings.. but since your on PCI.. it's gonna be ugly.

At 640x480 DX7 mode all settings minimum.. you might be able to pull of a playable framerate.. but don't hold your breath.

MikeReiner said:
Yeah, i'm not fond of dell either. If I had to pick a company for a PC.. i'd probably go compaq.. decent upgradability.

At bare minimum?.. well.. I have the agp version of the 5500 in another pc around here.. runs cs source OKish at about 800x600, medium settings.. but since your on PCI.. it's gonna be ugly.

At 640x480 DX7 mode all settings minimum.. you might be able to pull of a playable framerate.. but don't hold your breath.
o then i guess its not really worth it but o well no gaming for me :( man this really sux but thx for all your help you guys

V3RT1G0 said:
o then i guess its not really worth it but o well no gaming for me :( man this really sux but thx for all your help you guys
Just out of curiosity, how old are you? Being a teenager with no money on a crappy computer sucks.. (i'd know. >_<)

I can play CS:S on my laptop okay... It has integrated graphics. You should be okay.

MikeReiner said:
Just out of curiosity, how old are you? Being a teenager with no money on a crappy computer sucks.. (i'd know. >_<)
lol howd you know? im 14 but i know my good share of computers ... but yea i bought this computer myself too

V3RT1G0 said:
lol howd you know? im 14 but i know my good share of computers ... but yea i bought this computer myself too
Well, hope you can save up some more.. you might want to do more research before you buy your next computer... hope you didn't spend too much on that e310.

Back
Top Bottom